Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Ministerial competence

Author: Mike Wiltshire
Posted: Sat 24th Nov 2007, 21:28
"government ministers......proving their competence..."? As fulfilling a quest as trying to nail jelly to the ceiling, methinks.

7 out of 10 for trying, to Hilary Benn though: he thought his plague factory had leaked more F&M into the surrounding livestock farms, but - good news - it hadn't really.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Fri 23rd Nov 2007, 16:22
Local Group: East Lancashire
I imagine the correct grid reference was on a CD.........somewhere
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Fri 23rd Nov 2007, 15:57
Local Group: Lakeland
I know that government ministers are having a tough time proving their competence this week, but it looks as if ex-ministers may have the same problem. I have just been listening to Ramblings on Radio 4. Chris Smith, ex Culture,Media & Sport minister, now Lord Smith and President of the RA, was leading a short walk in Glen Tilt. He carefully worked out the GR of the start point, Forest Lodge, from an Explorer map and announced it as 742933. Fine - but the problem was he got his Northings mixed up with his Eastings, it should be 933742.
They appear to have spared his blushes by editing this bit out on Listen Again!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law