Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Local Groups - Group Websites

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Fri 3rd Aug 2007, 22:26
Local Group: Cumbria
It is also now possible to download Entry Forms or other documents using a new "Add Download" button - a very useful addition.
Author: Andy Griffin
Posted: Thu 2nd Aug 2007, 22:03
Local Group: East Lancashire
I would like to add how easy it is to build one the website using the LDWA template. I also input the local group programme using the web. It has generated lots of interest having a website and brought new members into the Group. If any Group would like to know more the visit our website and e-mail or call me, Ta Andy
Author: Paul Hatcher
Posted: Sat 19th May 2007, 11:55
The contact given in my first post should read groups@ldwa.org.uk
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Fri 18th May 2007, 17:40
Local Group: East Lancashire
I too would like the groups concerned to put SOMETHING on their sites.

I get lots of E-mails from prospective members asking about activities and groups in their area. I point them in the direction of the local group only to find things like "Contact details are in Strider"
Author: Paul Hatcher
Posted: Fri 18th May 2007, 15:33
The Local Groups Website Template was set up for groups that did not have a website of their own and wanted a simple way to get started. Two groups East Lancs and Essex & Herts. acted as guinea pigs. That was over a year ago and after a few hic-ups we now have three more groups that are up and going, Cumbria, Staffs. & Vermuyden(south Yorks). For the remaining twelve groups without a website we set them a site with some basic text and are offering to edit/run the site on their behalf. Lincolnshire, & Wiltshire are off the ground and we can expect them to have something up before to long.
There must be someone out there that is in the catchment area of one of these groups (Anytime Anywhere, Calderdale, High Peak, Lothian & Borders, Marches, Merseystride, Mid Wales, Nidderdale, South Manchester, Yorkshire Coast that would be prepared to liaise with their group secretary and take on the task of running the website.
We still have some groups the secretary of which has no computer, or wish to have. And the view has been expressed to me that they all they wish to do is get on with what they joined the LDWA to do, WALK. Never the less they would welcome some help with a website and would welcome the publicity and the possible new members it could generate for their group. If you can help please contact group@ldwa.org.uk or the secretary of the group concerned.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law