Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - walking abroad

Author: David Morgan
Posted: Fri 29th Dec 2023, 10:41
Local Group: South Wales
I should have added.
You need to convert your GPX to KML first and then open the KML into the Maps.Me App.
I use this converter https://gpx2kml.com/

David
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Fri 29th Dec 2023, 10:35
Local Group: South Wales
Hi Wendy, a decent app to use is Maps.Me
You can download some maps for free although they cleverly limit you to how many you can download for free. But, to give you an idea, I have downloaded the entire Pyrenees range for free and this will be sufficient for me for my 2024 trip.
You can upload GPX files too.
If you pay the monthly fee to Maps.Me then you open up many other features although I have personally not done this to date.

Regards,

David
Author: Emma Key
Posted: Mon 4th Sep 2023, 14:25
Local Group: Staffordshire
Hi Wendy

Try mapy.cz I've found it quite intuative to use. So far I have found that you do need to add GPX files on the computer not though the app but apart from that it seems really good
Author: James Kenny
Posted: Fri 25th Aug 2023, 9:06
Local Group: South Manchester
Hi Wendy,

Where abroad are you going?
Author: Deirdre Flegg
Posted: Sat 19th Aug 2023, 18:35
Local Group: Dorset
Wendy,
This is not a reply to your question, as I haven't a clue, but you may get more help if you post on the LDWA FB page. Sign of the times, *sighs*.
Deirdre
Author: Wendy Leete
Posted: Mon 14th Aug 2023, 13:13
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Can anyone advise of a free GPS app to use abroad and a quick intro how to get the GPX files on it??!! I've looked at least three. All seem a little confusing compared to our own Memory Map/OS digital.

Thanks.

Wendy

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law