Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - BUDE BEAST 1st July 2023

Author: Julian Pursey
Posted: Sat 15th Apr 2023, 22:25
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Hello Jeff,
Thanks for your enquiry and my apologies for the delay in replying.
It would be great to see you on the Bude Beast, a warm C+D welcome awaits.
Unfortunately there are no current plans to revive the Welly Boot.
If you would like to do it as an unsupported walk, I'm sure we could find you a previous route description, perhaps knock up a certificate and maybe even rustle up an old badge.
On a more positive note, as we have been awarded the 2027 Hundred we are actively looking into a new 50 miles qualifier to be held in 2026.
We only discussed this at our meeting tonight.
You heard it here first!
All best, Julian
Author: Jeff Stevens
Posted: Sun 9th Apr 2023, 18:46
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Many Thanks Julian will be signing up this week. In the future will you be putting the Wellington boot on. always wanted to do and is on my Bucket list.
Many Thanks Jeff
Author: Julian Pursey
Posted: Mon 5th Dec 2022, 20:57
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
On behalf of the Cornwall and Devon Group you are cordially invited to the only LDWA challenge walk in Cornwall.
The Bude Beast returns next year and is open for business with a new start day on Saturday to encourage entrants to stay for the weekend.
The traditional 30 mile route remains unchanged and is as uncompromising as ever.
The 24 mile route has been tweaked a bit but still offers the same fine walking of coastal paths and picturesque inland scenery.
New for 2023...a 6 mile route of canal, farmland, coast and is remarkably good value.
Entry via Si entries.
Further details on Cornwall and Devon website.
Should be a proper job for onen hag oll!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law