Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Ribble Way

Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Mon 15th Feb 2021, 12:43
Local Group: East Lancashire
Hi Richard. I did the Ribble Way 2-3 years ago and found it in poor condition, due to both erosion (repeated flooding, not walkers) and state of waymarkers (old and incomplete). Even the original route required road (minor, not A or B) diversions where there were (and still are) no riverside paths, and it's worse now. It's not a route I would recommend, even in its original state c1980s. Of all the LDPs in this region (south pennines, south Dales, Lancashire) it's the one I would least wish to revisit. Much better ones available, just search in the LDP database within e.g. 50 miles from Preston.

Not put you off ? If still keen, email me (firstname_lastname@btinternet.com, care with spelling of my name, without capitals and an_underscore) for GPX tracks and further info. At or after end of this week preferred.

Iain
Author: Richard Harris
Posted: Sun 14th Feb 2021, 8:12
Local Group: West Lancashire
Looking to do this. How well is it waymarked. Are there any navigation issues. Thanks.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law