Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Cerne Giant Anytime 1 March - 5 April 2021

Author: Martin Callow
Posted: Mon 11th Jan 2021, 9:49
Local Group: Dorset
Here is an update on the Cerne Giant Anytime Challenge in Dorset (1 March to 31 May). The Anytime Challenge is still on and you are encouraged to enter as soon as you can. However due to the current Covid situation and also that the LDWA NEC will need to confirm when Anytime Challenge Events will be allowed, we have put back the "entries open" date - to a date as yet to be determined. We will open for entries as soon as we are happy as to when we can go ahead. Please note also that there will now be a longer window during which you can go do the event - between 1 March - 31 May.
Author: Martin Callow
Posted: Sat 5th Dec 2020, 14:19
Local Group: Dorset
Anyone planning to do the Cerne Giant Anytime Challenge in March-April next year, which IS going ahead, please do not be misled by the “cancelled� flag at the top of my article in Strider (p 10). This was not flagged by me - it was added at a later editorial stage, with good intentions I'm sure but it is likely to be confusing. The Anytime Challenge is on and you are encouraged to enter. (30 or 20 mile routes, walking or running, in great Dorset countryside, what more could you want?) See https://ldwa.org.uk/Dorset/E/24356/cerne-giant-anytime-1-march-5-april-2021.html . The "cancelled" flag was possibly added because of a confusion between the original Cerne Giant event in March 2021 which would have been the standard supported challenge event (which has indeed been cancelled) and the Anytime Challenge. The difference between the events is made clear in the article. See you in Dorset next spring.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law