Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - PACER - Changing retirement CP

Author: Don Arthurs
Posted: Tue 27th Aug 2019, 8:45
Local Group: Kent
Had some fun and games this weekend, managing (to the amusement of the 'old style paper tracking' fans) to have PACER telling us that more entrants had completed than actually started, and that there were '-7' still to come.

I can fully understand why this particular use case might not have been tested, but for reasons I won't bore you with retirals initially logged as having stopped at the finish were then changed to show having stopped at the intermediary checkpoint. This resulted in the number showing as passed through at the finish not being decremented, even though strictly speaking they were no longer ever expected at the finish (having retired at an earlier checkpoint).

Also, and I've no idea how to recreate this as it seemed very random, finishers occasionally had the retiral cert print out instead of the finishers cert. We don't use the retiral cert so I simply made sure the template for both was the same.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law