Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - LDWA Events List

Author: David Chaston
Posted: Sat 10th Aug 2019, 8:21
Local Group: London
Thanks for pointing out the Show Events within choice.
Some walks do not appear in the results when using this choice. They are walks with no Start and Finish grid reference.
Excluding walks to be announced, they are:

Beds, Bucks & N'hants Group Trip to the Isle of Wight Mon 21 – Fri 25 Oct 2019
Beds, Bucks & N'hants The Reverse of an Old'n Thu 31 Oct 2019
Cleveland Cleveland LDWA AGM Wed 9 Oct 2019
Essex & Herts Shotley Peninsula 50 Marshals Sat 17 – Sun 18 Aug 2019
Essex & Herts Blackwater Marshals Sun 29 Sep 2019
Essex & Herts Hertfordshire Way Part 2 – Gt Wymondley to St Albans Sun 13 Oct 2019
Essex & Herts What the Dickens? – A walk of two cities Sun 20 Oct 2019
Essex & Herts Stansted Stagger Marshals Sun 24 Nov 2019
Heart of England Snowdonia Weekend Fri 23 – Mon 26 Aug 2019
High Peak Joint evening walk with Sherwood Group Wed 14 Aug 2019
London Gems of East Surrey Sat 10 Aug 2019
London Sevenoaks to Tonbridge Sat 7 Sep 2019
London Not the Christmas walk Sat 28 Sep 2019
London Founders Challenge Sat 5 Oct 2019
London To the mouth of the Thames Sat 26 Oct 2019
London South of the A12 - Pop Up Sat 9 Nov 2019
London Wet and wild Sat 23 Nov 2019
South Manchester Goyt Valley Challenge Sun 20 Oct 2019
Staffordshire Elan Valley Weekend Sat 28 – Mon 30 Sep 2019
Surrey Vanguard Way 1 - Croydon to Edenbridge Sat 16 May 2020
Author: Michael Headley
Posted: Tue 30th Jul 2019, 0:47
Local Group: Kent
If you're looking for walks that are not too far away you can use the Show Events Within choice without specifying any local group.
Author: David Chaston
Posted: Mon 29th Jul 2019, 23:02
Can more than one 'Local Group' be selected in the search events page?

It would be useful to see walks of both a local group and other/neighbouring local groups together in the same results list.

For example, my local group is London. When planning a walk, it's useful to also view walks from Essex & Herts, Kent, Surrey, Sussex, and Thames Valley.
Author: Marcus Becker
Posted: Sat 13th Jul 2019, 20:25
Local Group: Thames Valley
I second the suggestion of the poster above. Choosing Saturday and Sunday would be great or just another option like "weekends".
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Tue 31st May 2016, 12:12
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thanks for the site update.

Iain
Author: Robert Newell
Posted: Mon 23rd May 2016, 11:56
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
Thanks for doing this Adam

Rob
Author: Adam Dawson
Posted: Fri 20th May 2016, 17:47
Iain
Thanks for your suggestion - we have modified the "events" page so if you click on the "Organiser" button at the top right, you will see a new option to select LDWA or non-LDWA events.
Trust this helps meet your requirement.
Author: Iain Connell
Posted: Fri 13th May 2016, 16:23
Local Group: East Lancashire
I have previously suggested separate Strider listings for LDWA and non-LDWA challenge events, or that non-LDWA ones be flagged more clearly. If the website drop-down filters are to be amended (or added to) on similar lines, this might be good opportunity for it.

There might be a need for a clause such that inclusion (in Strider or online) of events not run by the LDWA does not mean that the LDWA is liable or responsible for the consequences of any organisational deficiencies (or whatever is the appropriate legal phrase) which might occur.

Iain
Author: Robert Newell
Posted: Fri 13th May 2016, 13:59
Local Group: Norfolk & Suffolk
I agree with the comment from Frank below;

On the events page can there be an option to filter LDWA events only?

Thanks
Rob
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Wed 20th May 2015, 22:40
Local Group: East Yorkshire
What does surprise me and bear in mind my knee has stopped my participation in Challenge events for quite a while, but of 44 events over Saturday and Sunday to 18th August, only 20 out of 44 are LDWA events. Are we losing many from "our own" or just taking a lot more non-LDWA. I dare say Dave F-H has told me of this umpteen times but the little grey cells are wilting.
Posted: Wed 20th May 2015, 22:28
Oops finger problem with my previous effort. I'm puzzled and I was going to write: one click for Saturday in box, one click on "show list",up they come, not that many to digest in the May to Aug period default. Then, click on Sunday---list, and up come a handful of challenges, just 4 LDWA to look at I think.
Posted: Wed 20th May 2015, 22:22
I am puzzled by this - 2 clicks with Saturday
Author: Frank Ives
Posted: Fri 10th Apr 2015, 20:25
Thanks Simon, that sounds encouraging.

Whilst you are making software changes to that area of code, could you consider this as well...

The Local Group dropdown list has the individual LDWA local groups plus a non LDWA option. Could an ALL LDWA option be added, as this would allow a search for all Challenge events that are LDWA only?

Thanks again, Frank.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Wed 8th Apr 2015, 7:49
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi Frank,

This is a good idea, but will require a software change - we'll see what we can do.

Simon.
Author: Simon Leck
Posted: Wed 8th Apr 2015, 7:49
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Hi Frank,

This is a good idea, but will require a software change - we'll see what we can do.

Simon.
Posted: Mon 6th Apr 2015, 0:07
Avril, thank you for the suggestion but this is not my requirement. I would like to see all the weekend walks for the next 3 months not just a single weekend.
Author: Avril E Stapleton
Posted: Fri 3rd Apr 2015, 8:21
Local Group: Surrey
You can do this Frank by entering (on the Events List) From Date - the Saturday to To Date - the Sunday. This will give you the list you require I think - all walks on Saturday and Sunday of the dates you entered.
Posted: Tue 31st Mar 2015, 12:43
On the LDWA Events List page, would it be possible to change the Day Of Week dropdown list to allow the selection of more than one day (say using a list box) as I would like to select both Saturday and Sunday when searching for upcoming walks?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law