Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - New footwear

Author: Raymond Wilkes
Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2015, 23:13
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Yorkshire Boots [Alt-Bergs] bought at in Warm & Dry, Whalley [Lancs] - - a very good recommendation!
I walk an average of 40 miles per week and having the right fit is really important.

If you have average feet you may get better value with a different make, but still a good fit is crucial

My experience of re-soles is poor so I get my boots re-heeled as required at a local cobbler until the soles are too smooth to use

Boots are expensive but even so walking is a cheap hobby
Author: Louise Whittaker
Posted: Thu 16th Jul 2015, 18:52
Local Group: Staffordshire
I've been enormously happy with my Yorkshire Boots [Alt-Bergs] bought at in Warm & Dry, Whalley [Lancs] - a family owned business which offers a unique expert fitting service. Alt-Berg make boots of various width sizes.
Anyway - my problem wasn't shoe wear not lasting - it was more getting blisters - so you might not want to splash out the cash on these.
Author: Peter Louth
Posted: Sun 28th Jun 2015, 6:25
Local Group: Lincolnshire
I have similar problems buying expensive boots that last 12months at the most - is £130-£150 a sound investment for a year. Some would argue that it is I'm sure, however I'm still to be convinced. My most resent purchase was a pair of £30 Hi Tec mid-boots from Go Outdoors, they appear to be holding out well so far.
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Fri 30th May 2014, 17:35
Local Group: High Peak
I need to buy some new walking shoes and I wondered if anyone has anything to recommend. I need some with a thick sole with plenty of grip and that don't wear out after 6 months. The ones I've had recently have worn out in no time and they weren't cheap!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law