Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Spine Race 2104

Author: Michael Jones
Posted: Fri 31st Jan 2014, 23:22
Local Group: Heart of England
Thanks for mentioning this, Elton - I hadn't heard of the event before so you've prompted me to go and look it up. All I can say is that it sounds completely insane, and anyone who manages to finish has my deepest respect!
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Sat 18th Jan 2014, 11:17
Local Group: Surrey
David Lee finished at 01:57 this morning after 162 hours on the trail, in 19th place. There were 31 finishers and 44 retirements. One competitor retired at the 2nd bothy, just off the Cheviots, less than 3 hours from the finish, after 158 hours on the trail. Heartbreaking for him.
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Fri 17th Jan 2014, 15:43
Local Group: Surrey
David Lee is at the first bothy on the Cheviots, the point he had to stop at due to heavy snow last year. Finish cut off time is 08:21 tomorrow morning, but he’ll probably finish before midnight tonight. All participants are carrying GPS trackers this year: he is No 50 on the map (linked)

http://spine.opentracking.co.uk/race/

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law