Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - open to offas

Author: Bill Gallogley
Posted: Sat 26th May 2012, 17:12
Local Group: Merseystride
i think your right armorel! most likely thats what will happen, its what usually happens on the walks, thanks for your your reply
Author: Armorel Young
Posted: Fri 25th May 2012, 14:26
Local Group: Sherwood
Good luck, Bill. Walking with other people is partly about being compatible in terms of speed, time spent at checkpoints etc. so you may indeed be better off seeing who you fall in with on the day. At checkpoints, too, it is easy enough to see who is about to move off and ask politely if you can join them. People are pretty friendly so I'd be surprised if you didn't find someone - or a succession of different people - to walk with.
Posted: Thu 24th May 2012, 12:01
thaanks mat i appreciate your comment, it is a very hard walk and yes if i dont get any takers then i will tag on with someone on the day, happy days, bill
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Wed 23rd May 2012, 21:30
Local Group: Mid Wales
I'm sure someone will in time, but not that many members seem to use the forum + very few may be doing Offas + everybody is obsessed by the 100 just now + it's a way off yet.
Don't panic or feel left out, there will be plenty there on the day to tag along with. I haven't done it and not planning too I'm afraid.
Matt.
Posted: Wed 23rd May 2012, 20:42
am dissapointed no one has offered to help me out yet but i am always optomistic that someone will
Posted: Sat 19th May 2012, 9:55
i havnt been a member for long so dont know many people but i am sure you would recognise me if you saw me i am 6ft odds and scottish and have done a few challenge walks.
i am looking to do the 30 mile offas walk in september and am looking for someone or a group who knows the route to walk with.
i am rubbish at following the route instructions as it takes me way to long to work out the directions and last year i missed the 13.30 cut off for the 30 mile route due to getting lost and having to turn round retrace my steps and lost a lot of time and the lady i was walking with fell into a thorn bush and had to pick a lot of thorns out of her arms at cp3, the marshals will probably remember her, needless to say she isnt joining us this year, i am quite capable of walking the route so i wouldnt be a burden on anyone,
thanks,
bill

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law