Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - From Home to Rome

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Sat 5th Feb 2011, 23:50
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Bob, you could use part of the E2 route (Dover to Kirk Yetholme) by joining the Penine Way National Trail to the West of Bradford. A link from Bingley along the Aire Calder Link will get you onto the Pennine Way near Haworth and then just follow the E2 route south. Details of both routes are on our website. These routes will keep you off road and along waymarked paths. I am away until the end of this month but you can call me - number in Strider after 25th - if you need further help. Best Wishes

John
Author: Bob Clarke
Posted: Fri 4th Feb 2011, 14:33
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I have set myself a challange to walk from my home in Bradford W Yorks, to Rome. I plan to start on Mon 24 May 2011.(or thereabouts). I intend to walk to Canterbury where I shall join the Pilgrim route to Rome. The Via Francigene. I am looking for suggestions as to the route I could take to Canterbury and anyone who has walked the Via Francigene already I would appreciate hearing from you. I will be mainly camping along the whole route. I can be contacted at bobbd3@talktalk.net or on 0787 9055534.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law