Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - rudolphs cancelled

Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Mon 6th Dec 2010, 21:09
Local Group: East Yorkshire
ive been around there myself this week and although we had a good trot the week before i totally agree with the desicion to cancel the event as there would have been alot more snow making the going near impossible and the poor check point staff would have a raw deal ,i realise the new date cant please everyone so ill just have to look forward to next years instead. keep up the good work to all involved :-)
Author: Ian Sykes
Posted: Sun 5th Dec 2010, 17:55
I had a walk yesterday not far from the Rudolphs route and I can tell you that the conditions where not good. Most of the route would have been under 8 to 12 inches of virgin snow. Not good when your doing 23 mile. Plus car parking would have been impossible.

Right to cancel and as for the new date, you can't please everybody all the time.
Author: Dr. John Batham
Posted: Sun 5th Dec 2010, 16:17
Sorry we had to cancel Rudolph's, not a decision taken lightly I assure you, with over 400 entrants. With the forecast for the whole of the week up to the weekend showing a whiteout and with ice forming over snow, some of the checkpoints would have been inaccessible to transport for our helpers. As an example, Royal Mail has not delivered out of Hull to my village for almost a week. I realised Trollers Trot was 5th March but that seemed the least worst option, since other sparsely populated weekend walks were not suitable because of the commitments and holiday plans of our helpers, particularly the key folks who do our entries and registration.

John
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Tue 30th Nov 2010, 12:53
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Big shame - I was looking forward to it. I also now don't have an excuse for being slow at the Cross Country on Sunday - but then I suspect that will be cancelled as well. The proposed new date clashes with the AGM weekend, so I won't be able to make it. Double shame. Mind you, I probably wouldn't be able to make it whatever weekend it's on - had a major event entering session and have only got 2 spare weekends between now and May!
Author: Simon Broughton
Posted: Mon 29th Nov 2010, 21:16
what a shame rudolph's has been cancelled . me and a friend did it on sat and it was good fun and added a extra element to it,although i reckon it would be pretty tough on the checkpoint staff all day in them temperatures. the proposed new date isnt very good though its same day as trollers trot , surley some one checked that ?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law