Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Trotternish Ridge, Isle of Skye

Author: Tony Turton
Posted: Thu 15th Jul 2010, 14:07
Local Group: Heart of England
John - thanks. I should have realised that Google would be my friend! 2400+ metres is quite a lot, but even so I'd have thought in reasonable conditions 10-12 hours was realistic. Navigation wouldn't generally be a problem - just hug the cliff edge!
Thanks again for the link

Tony
Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Tue 13th Jul 2010, 17:07
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Hi Tony. I found this on a google search Totternish Ridge. It gives all the info you want. Regards, John
Author: Tony Turton
Posted: Sun 4th Jul 2010, 12:35
Local Group: Heart of England
On Skye last week my mind turned to the thought of planning to walk the Trotternish ridge end-to-end. My SMC guidebook tells me it's 30km, but does anyone know how much ascent/descent it involves? I know I could get a good idea from the map, but if anyone's done it with a recording altimeter or GPS it would be interesting to know. TIA.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law