Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - A Coventry Way

Author: Richard Smith
Posted: Wed 5th May 2010, 7:01
Local Group: South Wales
Industrial...really? Oh they'd be so wrong then - it was beautifully rural - fantastic walking! I really would recommend, ad have already put the date in my diary for next year! Maybe I'll see you there!

Deb
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 4th May 2010, 14:28
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I agree that this is a really good event and we keep telling folk about it. I think some are put off because they think it’ll all be industrial, but it’s really rural. The food was excellent, plenty of variety of sweet and savoury, and so much home made (though the hot roast spud, left over from lunch service, we had in the Old Black Bank pub really hit the spot).
Author: Richard Smith
Posted: Thu 29th Apr 2010, 7:40
Local Group: South Wales
I did this 40 miler a couple of weeks ago now. It's organised by the 'A Coventry Way' Association and they spend the money raised improving the route - new posts, kissing gates instead of stiles, new signs etc. Look at www.acoventryway.org for info.

It's a flatish course, so good for a first time ultra, but there are lots of walkers of all ages. I ran it, and was glad it was flat when the sun started to come out. It's well check-pointed with lots of food, friendly faces etc. When they saw how hot the day was becoming, 2 more water stations were added, and suncream was also supplied. Entry had a 250 max, and I believe this year they met it for the first time.

Lovely meal at the end, although I couldn't stomach it.... I can eat like a horse when I'm walkng these events, but can't eat when running - my poor body got round on energy gels and jelly beans with half a banana for good measure!

If you fancy giving it a go, 17th April 2011 is next year's date! Well run, friendly event and only £10 - fabulous value for money - particulalry when you see where the money is being spent as you're running round!

Deb

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law