Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - Cumberland Way

Posted: Mon 21st Jun 2010, 18:37
Hi All,
I completed the 'Triangle' three weeks ago or thereabouts, anyway it was that first very hot weekend of this year.
Last year I did the Furness Way, followed a few weeks later by the Cumberland Way and then finishing off the 'Triangle' this year with the Westmorland Way.
Total time spent doing all three routes was 9 days, solo, camping all the way, mostly wild.
To add to it, I have done the Coast to Coast from St. Bees to Shap, and the Cumbria Way in both directions, in what I term - 'Crossing the Triangle.'
All that remains is to circle the whole thing!?
Dave.
Author: Jill King
Posted: Tue 16th Feb 2010, 15:01
Local Group: North Yorkshire
Hi Peter and Tony. Prompt replies and success much appreciated.Third side of the triangle will be completed in September.
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 16th Feb 2010, 11:09
Local Group: East Lancashire
Guide book in the post, Reminder letters in the post this week, only 896 this year.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Mon 15th Feb 2010, 19:59
Local Group: Cumbria
I did it in September 05! I have the book as well so you are welcome to borrow it, Jill.
Perhaps email me at tonydeall@btinternet.com
Posted: Mon 15th Feb 2010, 16:02
My how time flies, May 2005. Hilary's first LDP, four of us Andy G, June, Hilary and myself. Instigated by Hilary listening to Andy and I talking about our last trip the Cumbria way.
Posted: Mon 15th Feb 2010, 15:51
Hi Jill

Did this a few years ago. Give me a minute or so, bit busy sorting out the 900 members who have yet to renew.

Are you doing the other two to close the triangle?
Author: Jill King
Posted: Mon 15th Feb 2010, 12:12
Local Group: North Yorkshire
We would like to walk this now defunct LDP sometime this year. I have e-mailed and written to Paul Hannon, the original author of the guide book but had no response.If anyone can come back to me with the stages and route from Ravenglass to Appleby or even lend me the book, it would be much appreciated.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law