Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Saturday Rant

Author: Ken Falconer
Posted: Thu 10th Dec 2009, 21:45
Local Group: Heart of Scotland
You're making me feel guilty, Peter! I get Strider off for printing and dispatch in November and then go off and swan around down under, leaving you to do all the dirty work dealing with 6000 renewals!

Seriously though, I do feel for you at this time of year when most people are enjoying (?) the run up to Christmas and you are swamped with paperwork. Your rants on the forum are quite restrained considering what you must feel at times! Your essential work for the LDWA is very much appreciated.

By the way, I also am familiar in my own role with being used as a forwarding agency for a wide range of things!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Thu 10th Dec 2009, 21:32
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
It seems you are a man of many talents then!
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Thu 10th Dec 2009, 21:10
Local Group: East Lancashire
It seems being membership secretary is not enough, I am also a forwarding agency for Merchandise and for the Winter Tanners!!!

Coming up to simmer now
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009, 20:56
Local Group: Northumbria
I think it would help Peter's temper if more people paid by Direct Debit. Less trouble for us and much less for him.
Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009, 18:18
I could go on!

I suspect some members become confused between Membership number and their PIN

Being Membership Secretary is like doing Sudku and mind reading..............in the dark, still it's better than working
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Tue 8th Dec 2009, 17:11
Local Group: Surrey
Come on, Peter! What do you expect of us? If we were all that smart, would we be out walking in this weather?
Author: Andrew H Hayhurst
Posted: Mon 7th Dec 2009, 15:45
Welome to old age Grumpy
Posted: Sat 5th Dec 2009, 19:36
What part of "Please write your membership number on the back of your cheque and return to me" can be interpreted as, "don't bother with the number but staple the cheque to the letter, practice origami, place in envelope and seal all the way round with sellotape".

Any idea how long it takes to open 200+ envelopes, never mind processing the information? Grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Feel better now

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law