Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Wensleydale Wedge

Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Tue 1st Dec 2009, 23:06
Local Group: Northumbria
I agree, the views are good on the Wedge. I like the bit at the end, walking down from the last checkpoint at Heugh and across the fields to Askrigg. All the bits up to then were pretty good as well.
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Sun 29th Nov 2009, 1:08
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
Yes, full in advance. I was one of those folks, Mike, whom you met on route!You took my hood down and realised- oops - I was not whom you thought I was- Eva Bowes maybe!!
I had hoped to enter the event on the day ,it was full! I partook of the Event nonetheless. And liquid mud! But easy to walk through . But what views I got of the wonderful Wensleydale. The rain didn't come (until the last 5 miles) So hood up and covered the face, I could see nothing except the path ahead just.
Wonderful. As i said- Full up, oh no- I could't eat on the check points! But thank you, thank you for the check pointers for allowing me tea! And ...the pork pies yummie..
but i didn't eat those of course.

Rain. mud - bring it on! The Wensleydale Wedge a number one!
Posted: Tue 24th Nov 2009, 22:06
Yes David. I've just had to hose the rucksack down out in the garden. I picked up a load of mud when I fell over on Stake Road. It was good for the organisers that the event was full in advance.
Posted: Tue 24th Nov 2009, 12:18
Nice to see an adopted Geordie on these events Mike and a few other well known faces. Despite the weather it was a good one. A great route, well organised no wonder it was full.
I try to keep my travelling down to a 100mile either way in the winter, so the Wensleydale was a neat fitt. On Sunday the journey down wasnt too bad but back over !!! there was a so and so (I didnt call him/her that in the car and luckly "she who must be obeyed" wasnt there to hear what was said)a couple of foot from my hintend all the way between Sedburgh and the M6 with water lying all over the place. On the M6 none of the truckers and few car drivers seemed able to read those BIG yellow flashers, that said 50 M P H limit.
Mike I won't be out on another event till "Thats Lyth", which is another classic and I suppose the Anglezark will be a bit too far down for you.
Posted: Tue 24th Nov 2009, 1:05
What did you think about Sunday's event? Not as wet as it could have been, I think. There seemed to be even more food than last year. Does Liz Piper take the record for the shortest journey ever to help on a checkpoint - just across the road to Thoralby? All good value for £7. Nice to see David Hammond there from Carlisle and Janet Wyngard who lives across the road from me. Thank you to Nidderdale group.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law