Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - COTSWOLD CHALLENGE

Author: John Cunnane
Posted: Mon 5th Oct 2009, 20:28
Local Group: South Wales
Greatb event, as always. Well done Bristol & West.
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Wed 30th Sep 2009, 22:07
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Oops - let's try that again ....

The view over the Malverns from Haresfield Beacon wasn't bad either, although it's probably best just before the crest while the M5 is still hidden by the summit. Anyway, that was a good one; well-catered and well thought-out, with Birdlip Hill providing an entertaining sting in the tail. About 26 miles and 5,500ft in total, very similar to the Six Dales (if a lot drier underfoot).

Let's just hope the weather holds up for the LMH at the weekend! The outlook seems to be for showers at the moment ...
Author: Chris Boden
Posted: Wed 30th Sep 2009, 22:06
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 30th Sep 2009, 21:40
Local Group: Dorset
What a lovely walk, in one of the less well known parts of the Cotswolds, with some cracking hills and fabulous views from Painswick beacon. Great organisation (and food) from Bristol and West. The apple crumble and custard was just what I needed at the finish. And, it looks like there was a good turn out on a beautiful day.

I thought the ancient pear trees were a interesting feature at various places en route, particularly the giant one near the reservoir. That one has to be several hundred years old.

My thanks, to all you hard working folks at B+W LDWA. Couldn't have done better myself..

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law