Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - first long distance path

Posted: Mon 7th Jun 2010, 9:36
Having lived in London all my kife my walking started with then TFL, now Walk London's six strategic walks - The Green Chain (SE London) Walk, The Capital Ring (78 miles), The Jubilee Walkway, The London Outer Orbital Path (LOOP) 150 miles, The Lea Valley Walk (London section), and the Thames Path (London Section).

Having done some of the Thames Path hrough this I have been doing the Thames Path as my first National Trail and have continued across from Hampton Court - through Windsor and Oxford to Newbridge.

I have three sections left to do and hope to complete these very soon

Jeff Brooks
SE London.
Posted: Wed 23rd Sep 2009, 7:40
Try the Hadrians Wall Trail. It has two big advantages over most.(1) Good transport to the start and finish and transport along the route (2)Easy to get to B&B's + Hostels and camping.It also offers a reasonable challenge in great country.
David H
PS I just getting ready to lead a short walk along part of it today that takes in two castles an Abbey and several miles of the Roman Wall
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 22nd Sep 2009, 22:03
Local Group: East Lancashire
Hi Matthew, several spring to mind, Dales Way, Furness Way, Cumbria Way, Cumberland Way, Westmorland Way. Shame to rush them though, fabulous views.
Posted: Tue 22nd Sep 2009, 21:16
hi guys and girls,

looking to do a long distance path in oct: got about 4-5 days and would like to do something in northern england or scotland. done a few fifties and a couple of hundreds and would lke to do it a fair pace. any ideas?!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law