Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Open to Offas

Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Fri 2nd Oct 2009, 17:46
Local Group: Merseystride
I try to make a habit of being quick at check-points, to make up for being slow elsewhere! ;-) Apart from which, I was being tailed by limpets.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Tue 29th Sep 2009, 22:22
Local Group: West Yorkshire
Well - not sure whether to be pleased to be so quick at the check point (and I certainly did sample a fair bit of the food and drink) or whether this is too spooky & big brother-ish!
Author: Geoff Saunders
Posted: Mon 28th Sep 2009, 22:16
Thank you ladies for your kind words. Actually, I don't know how either of you found time to try the food at the Picnic Site - you both only stopped there for four minutes (even Garfield stayed longer than that, Helen).

The results are now on the Merseystride website.
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 21st Sep 2009, 18:35
Local Group: West Yorkshire
It was indeed a wonderful event (again). I did the slightly wimpy option of the 21 mile route, feeling that it wasn't that long since I did the Bullock Smithy. Think the tiredness was mainly in my head! Thoroughly enjoyed the day - apart from the head plant into a bed of nettles!! Ever had nettle stings on your upper lip? - most odd sensation! I will admit to being off the route with the nettles - having done the event last year, I should have known where I was going!!! Never mind. The cakes at the picnic site were indeed very welcome. Many thanks to all. Hopefully see you next year.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 20th Sep 2009, 13:24
A really enjoyable event in lovely countryside, with great cake and friendly volunteers at the checkpoints.

This time I managed to get round without re-inventing the route or troubling the sweepers, which was great cause for celebration on my part after the embarrassment of 2 years ago. I'll be back next year to make sure it wasn't a fluke (and eat more bread pudding and flapjack at the picnic site!)

Garfield did his quickest time so far on the 30 mile event, and three friends had a great day out on the 30 and 21 mile routes. Thanks to all at Merseystride group for your efforts putting on a successful event once again - much appreciated.

[Helen Southall]

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law