Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - DORSET DODDLE

Author: Gareth Davies
Posted: Mon 31st Aug 2009, 10:42
Local Group: Surrey
I enjoyed the scenic route and could not believe my eyes when I saw how steep some of those climbs and steps were - not for the fainthearted ! Beautiful day for the event which helped and the marshalls were excellent giving all the runners/walkers lots of encouragement at the 5/6 stops we had to make to get from Weymouth to Swanage. May do this again if I feel crazy enough !
Gareth - 100 club
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 25th Aug 2009, 14:44
Local Group: Dorset
The results are now available on the Dorset Group website.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Mon 24th Aug 2009, 10:05
Local Group: Dorset
We had almost ideal weather and a very big entry (over 300 started) It was nice to see many familiar faces - and lot of new ones. It seems that the beautiful Jurassic coast is (rightly) the attraction on this classic event. But, if the walkers thought the event was tough (it certainly is), I doubt if it was as exhausting as being in the kitchen at the finish.

Lost property - we have pair of men's spectacles to be claimed. We do hope you found your way home alright without them. If you are still wandering about in Swanage, give me ring...

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law