Discussion Forum - Local Groups - The cosmopolitanism of local groups

Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Mon 24th May 2010, 22:22
Local Group: Cumbria
When are you coming to Cumbria ?
Author: Richard Smith
Posted: Mon 24th May 2010, 15:12
Local Group: South Wales
Yes, it's fantastic! I am a member of East Lancs, but I have also walked (this year alone) with West Lancs, South Pennine, South Manchester, and High Peak; in addition to challenge walks with Staffs and Morcambe Bay/Bowland. I've got a couple of walks pencilled in with the Irregulars, Heart of England (when I visit my mum) and Cumbria. I usually go on my own, and am always made to feel very welcome and there are always a number of people willing to walk and talk.

Deb
Author: Matthew Hand
Posted: Tue 11th Aug 2009, 19:16
Local Group: Mid Wales
Quite agree. As I regularly travel to Sussex to visit my Mother, I try to fit in a walk whilst down there and have been out with the Surrey, Sussex, Wessex and London Groups over the past few years. Had great walks each time, and on one memorable occasion ended up drinking bubbly in celebration of the leader's birthday! And very nice it was too. Jane
Posted: Mon 10th Aug 2009, 19:15
If that is not a proper word before it is now.
I was out with my local group last Saturday (The West Yorks) for first time in quite a while and I enjoyed the walk and the company and felt quite motivated about walking again after a 2 year hiatus.

What was perhaps the nicest part was the number of local groups that were represented with WY, NY, Nidderdale and Northumbria members and possibly more. I think that is one of the things that has struck me over the years, how you can turn up at any group walk and be made to feel welcome and perhaps this is one of the great selling points of LDWA membership.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law