Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Malvern Midsummer Marathon

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Mon 29th Jun 2009, 21:24
Local Group: Lakeland
Just back myself from an extended trip to Malvern and a chunk of the Thames Path, so will add my belated thanks to Brian Pitts and the B & W Group for a most excellent event. One of the most scenic routes I can remember, faultless route description, friendly checkpoints and perfect weather. But what a sting in the tail along the Malvern ridge! It certainly felt as if I had climbed every one of the advertised 4800 feet.
Posted: Sun 28th Jun 2009, 20:23
Just got back from two weeks in Malvern. Considering that there was two hundred or more entrants and at least two senior ex committee members taking part (that is the ones I know, there may have been more) I was rather surprised that no body has put in a write up of Malvern Midsummer Marathon.
It was great event, but I could not help but compare the organisation, challenge aspect, scenery and value for money with the Mallastrang Yomp that I had taken part in two weeks before. The Malvern won hands down in every respect (and I am unashamedly biased in favour of the North). Bristol and West did a marvellous job and really set a standard. Thank you one and all.
One little niggle I had and that had nothing to do with the Malvern organisers. The stiles all seemed to be built for very flexible Yoga experts but at the side of each of them was a dog gate and I was too large to get through them.
At the finish, while I was waiting for “She who must be obeyed” to provide the normal Taxi service, an old chap from Cheltenham suggested that certificates at challenges could incorporate the word “Veteran” where appropriate. Maybe it would be better (or at least more honest) to put on “Another Old B##er who won’t pop his / her clogs”
David H

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law