Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Are entrants getting younger?

Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Sun 14th Jun 2009, 11:48
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
Good points David.
You may be right,more younger entrants,(im an old codger though too).
Regards ID. I carry my Mobile, with ICE No, in case emergency. Good idea to have some form of ID, though.
Roy.
Posted: Tue 9th Jun 2009, 14:53
I have entered more challenges (both LDWA and others) this year than I have done for the past few years and it seems to me that there are more female and younger entrants of both genders than in the past taking part in the challenges. For instance “The Mallastrang Yomp” (which I found a bit hard ) on Saturday seemed to be full of lithe young body’s of both genders. Has any one else noticed this or is it just an old codger day dreaming? while most entrants are younger than him.
I also noticed a letter from Sylvia Nagarker in Aprils strider referring to personal identification. Many years ago I read a report concerning the remains of a body found on the fells and the problems of identifying it. Since then I have always wore a small I.D disk round my neck when I go on the fells or enter challenge walks (and even when cycling). It is simple disk that can be bought from most key cutters for a few coppers.
It has my name, post code, blood group and N.I number on it and if the worst comes, this would save a lot of record searching and hopefully let the family know earlier what has happened (though I suspect that if I am missing for more than twelve hours “She who must be obeyed” will be searching the insurance policy’s to make sure there is no get out clause in any of them)
David H

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law