Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Fellsman Hike 2009

Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Tue 19th May 2009, 13:32
Local Group: South Manchester
I echo those sentiments. Many thanks to all the organisers. It is a massive undertaking to get all those remote checkpoints up and running with all the communications between them. Then when some of it gets blown away....
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 10th May 2009, 21:28
Local Group: Merseystride
A huge thank you to the organisers and helpers on this years event. The Fellsman is unique, tough and addictive! Quite why anyone would want to flounder around Middle Tongue's endless bogs for several hours having previous covered 40 miles of mountains and moors, and then still have energy for the last 10 miles over Buckden Pike and Great Whernside is beyond me - but I've just gone and done it again!
The fierce hail and gales on Saturday flattened the marquee at Cray, and took out a few other tents en route, but the night proved to be still and quiet with a thick mist hanging over the heather.
Thanks again, everyone. (Garfield)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law