Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Bath Beat

Author: Paul Burgess
Posted: Mon 6th Apr 2009, 19:45
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
Glad you had a great response with the entries David. This was my first Bath Beat and I have to say it won't be my last! You and your team did a cracking job and I would like to congratulate you all for the organisation on the day. So what if you were out of milk at the end! After 26 miles black tea still tasted good! Many thanks for a great day AND for getting the lovely weather delivered!
Author: David Morgan
Posted: Sun 5th Apr 2009, 10:24
Local Group: South Wales
A huge thank you to all who attended the 10th Bath Beat yesterday. We would like to think that the event was a huge success. 210 people pre entered and due to the excellent weather, we had a huge uptake on the day of 70. With the no shows, we had 258 people out walking the four routes of 12.5, 17, 21 and 26.5 miles respectively.

It is fair to say that at times we were a little stretched with the large numbers, but we would like to think that we gave the impression of a swan gliding along with the undercarriage working feverishly hard!! Yes, we did run out of milk for 1/2 an hour at the end, and I know that this caused some concern for some but we soon rectified that situation! We are sorry for the inconvenience that caused for some!

Anyway, once again, on behalf of all those who worked so hard to put the event on, we would like to thank you, the walkers and runners, who make the event so enjoyable to organise.

David Morgan

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law