Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - GIANT'S DAUGHTER

Posted: Mon 6th Apr 2009, 21:21
Belatedly, can I add my thanks to all those involved in the Giant's Daughter; a wonderful route with fantastic support. As a newcomer to Challenges, it was my first experience of a 'rolling' start, which I found worked well for me, avoiding the inevitable early bottlenecks and ensuring there was someone to chase for most of the route.

I very much hope the event is repeated next year, and thanks once again.

Kind regards

Paul Greatwood
Author: Paul Burgess
Posted: Tue 24th Mar 2009, 20:33
Local Group: Cornwall & Devon
I'd like to add my gratitude and thanks to the Dorset Group for organising another superb event made even more enjoyable with the dry & sunny weather conditions. This meant my new Saucony's didn't even get dirty either!
I'm also ashamed to say that prior to this event I hadn't ever walked any of the 30 mile route's area before and I only live about 15 miles from the start at Stratton! Talk about not knowing what's on your own doorstep!
Thanks again Dorset Group.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 24th Mar 2009, 16:38
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
I agree Andrew, these are some of the things which made it a good event

easy parking
loads of room in the village hall
good pub opposite
not many people
rolling start
good route description, lots of bearings
good pub on the route - Gaggle of Geese
excellent checkpoints, only 3 so good excuse to scoff and drink lots
loads of friendly marshals
lots of youngsters
good views
interesting villages
showers at the end
good meal at the end
no fuss when we asked to take home our tallies

We might go back to do the 20 mile route.
Author: Andrew Clabon
Posted: Tue 24th Mar 2009, 13:21
Local Group: South Wales
With a choice of 20 or 30 miles this inaugural event reached its 140 place limit weeks before the day. It's fair to say the reputation of Dorset Group goes before them which was most probably the reason why the event was full. Well the 140 souls were not disappointed. Beautiful Dorset scenery, faultless route description and superb catering. If that wasn’t enough they even arranged some fantastic weather. One thing for sure they won’t be able to top that next year! Thanks folks.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law