Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - The Bothy - Getting old

Posted: Fri 6th Mar 2009, 22:22
John the "winding down" last night was after a shower and sipping from a rather large glass of amber liquid from the Highlands. The rest of the time I am too busy. I just wonder how I ever had time to go to work.
David H
Author: John King
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2009, 21:58
You have set me thinking when does old start and what is it?

I am 60 this year and i seem to be getting more out of life every year and i am really looking forward to being a young compettive 60 year old in the several ultra races i have entered for this year including the Lakeland 100.

I figure that provided i can afford to ever retire then that will give me more time to train towards my ultimate goal of being the first 100 year old to (A) run a marathon and (B)cover a 100 miles (hopefully a LDWA one)non stop.

But for now i will just settle for what i have and be grateful that i can still enjoy it.

Happy Days
JohnK
Author: John King
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2009, 21:07
I have no time for winding down as i figure there will be plenty of time for that when i am dead.

JohnK
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2009, 20:42
Am I getting old or what?. For thirty + years I normally finished work between 03:00 and 06:00 and apart from the odd grumble thought nothing of it. Today I got up at 04:30 to catch the first bus to Haltwhistle (bus was later, I was early but you can never tell with public transport) then I walked over to Bellingham via The Roma Wall and Pennine Way. I haven’t measured it yet but I think my route was around the 20 mark.( I was carrying a GPS, and compass and copied maps) Excellent views beautiful clear frosty day, normal wet patches but nothing special . (the dogs at Shittlinton Crag farm give me the normal reception and send off) but I was knackered by the time I reached Bellingham and the tiredness had set in after the lunch break (the gaffers sandwiches washed down with juice) Maybe I should go back and do a few more night shifts for old times sake.

No John you don’t waffle it comes to us all, including me but my excuse is I am winding down.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law