Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Insurance for multi-week walks

Author: Gordon Stone
Posted: Wed 4th Mar 2009, 20:32
Local Group: East Lancashire
Thanks for the responses and both fit the bill with Columbus coming out at about £50 and Snowcard just over 80. Yet to look at the policies in fine detail. Essential Travel didn't seem to be able to understand English and don't appear to be able to accommodate walks of over 45 days!
Author: Mike Rayner
Posted: Tue 3rd Mar 2009, 19:43
Local Group: Northumbria
Try Columbus Direct - 185 days max - inc high altitude walking
Author: Sue Allonby
Posted: Tue 3rd Mar 2009, 12:05
Sorry, I got timed out! try snowcard at http://www.snowcard.co.uk/pages/index.asp who do trekking/mountain cover up to 60 day single trips.
Author: Sue Allonby
Posted: Tue 3rd Mar 2009, 12:00
Have you tried Snowcard?
Posted: Tue 3rd Mar 2009, 0:08
Thanks Tony,
I've found one - essential travel but it's normal limit is 45 days per trip. I've dropped them an email for recommendations.

Regards, Gordon
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Sat 28th Feb 2009, 18:08
Local Group: Lakeland
It might be worth looking at the insurance cover included in Austrian Alpine Club membership. It includes rescue costs, repatriation and medical treatment and only excludes expeditions on peaks over 6000 metres. It appears to have a 6 week journey limit. It's not a full blown travel insurance so you need to look at whether it covers your needs.
Posted: Sat 28th Feb 2009, 13:06
Has anybody any experience of good insurance policies that would be suitable for covering 50 day GR10 trek (plus obviously the travel to and from Pyrenees). Needs to ensure that mountain/fellwalking is not considered dangerous and excluded. I think must annual policies limit you to 31 days.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law