Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Punchbowl Marathon

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Wed 11th Mar 2009, 8:20
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Elton,

Sorry that you did not get into the WF 50, I know that they were heavily oversubscribed.

In passing,if you are considering entering the Dorset Giant 100K next April, keep an eye on the Dorst LDWA website later this year for the entry form. This excellent event was full before the closing date in both 2004 and 2007, so I think it is going to be "the early entrant wot catches the walk"

Deirdre and I are also running a checkpoint on the Marshal's 100. We will be at Upper Wield village hall till late, because this is the last CP before the home straight. If you have a free period, come down and see us, there will always be a cup of tea and a biscuit for another volunteer. And a bit of company is always appreciated

mike
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Thu 5th Mar 2009, 19:32
Local Group: Surrey
Hi Mike
Sorry, haven’t logged on for a while. Wye Forest 50: When I went to enter about 3 weeks ago, it was already full - two months before the event! Very disappointed :( along with many others, I guess.

The Giants Daughter: I'm doing the Sevenoaks Circular that day, as it's closer to home.

Wessex 100: of course, I wouldn’t miss our flagship event! I'm marshalling for the Marshals 100.

Elton
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Tue 24th Feb 2009, 22:01
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Elton, glad you to hear you enjoyed the Punchbowl Marathon.

Have you also entered the Giant's Daughter or Wye Forest 50 (both now full) or the W100 ?

We will be on all of them (marshalling on the GD, of course)

Our group did the marshals walk for the GD last weekend, what a lovely scenic route.. and great checkpoints - Buckland Newton village hall will be a treat in store for those lucky walkers on the 30 mile option

mike
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Wed 18th Feb 2009, 20:49
Local Group: Surrey
A grand day out, fine weather and excellent support. The frozen snow made for easy walking in the morning, though a bit slushy in the afternoon. Good to see many new faces (especially young ones) and a wide range of ages.
Thanks to organisers and marshals.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law