Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Humour

Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Fri 6th Feb 2009, 21:29
Local Group: East Lancashire
Try bolt cutters
Posted: Fri 6th Feb 2009, 20:12
I feel the debate around runners or walkers fades into the background when confronted with a more deadly subject. I am talking walking poles, not your hand hewn V notched elm or oak with bits of tin nailed on informing every one they have been to Anglesey or Bognor Regis. O no I am talking Hi-tech titanium deadly weapon and when a walker is using two (I have been reliably informed this is a Norwegian walking method) it then becomes a weapon of mass destruction. The most hazardous phase of a challenge is the start; I refer to it as the close combat phase as competitors try to gain an advantageous position before meeting the first style. Puncture wounds and near misses have set my tactics in tablets of stone, on hearing that chilling tic tic approaching I retreat to high ground wave the Norwegian through and live to walk another day.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law