Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Tandem, 10th January 2009

Posted: Fri 6th Feb 2009, 18:31
A good days challenge; with the added excitement of ice skating simulated polar exploration and a frozen water bottle. My mate turned up at the meeting check point 5 min before me (he obviously had the easier route) and we finished before dark. A well organised event, the guys manning the Hamer Rd check point deserve a medal it must have been the coldest spot in Britain on the day.
Author: Albert Bowes
Posted: Thu 15th Jan 2009, 7:52
Local Group: North Yorkshire
The 26th Tandem Results are now on Cleveland LDWA website. Apologies for the mix up with the Novice Trophy the results have now been corrected and the Novice Trophy awarded to Fiona Wright and John Aitken with a time of 5.07
Author: Albert Bowes
Posted: Wed 14th Jan 2009, 12:29
Its all right for some! The organisers and marshals slept on the stage at Goathland Village Hall!!

Thanks to everyone whose emailed with their kind comments regarding the event
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Tue 13th Jan 2009, 19:48
Local Group: Cumbria
The digs in Scarborough were pretty smooth too!
Author: Wendy Leete
Posted: Mon 12th Jan 2009, 20:05
Thanks to everyone who helped out with the organising of the Tandem and to all those who spent long hours at the freezing cold check points. It was a fantastic day. You all deserve a very big WELL DONE.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Mon 12th Jan 2009, 19:55
Local Group: Cumbria
This was my first outing on the Tandem and what a good day it was. Thanks to Cleveland group for putting it on so well and especially to Eva & Albert for manning the outdoor CP at Hamer Rd. I don’t know what the temperature was but it was a lot below – certainly enough to freeze my water supply and most other things as well!
Thanks to Ian for dragging me round the West route faster than I really wanted to go, and navigating superbly as well, thus ensuring I didn’t let my newly-met partner down. Thanks also to said partner, Christine, for getting me finished well before nightfall.
Well worth leaving my Lakeland comfort zone for!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law