Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Founders Challenge 19th October 2008

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Tue 21st Oct 2008, 19:28
Local Group: Surrey
Well, the flapjack at CP1 was homemade (thank you, Beverley) and the apple-cake dessert was homemade (thank you, Paula).

Last year people pigged out on the cake at CP3 and then didn't want food at the finish, so we deliberately cut back on what was available at CP3, as it's not much more than an hour's walk to the finish from there. I think that there was sufficient at CP3 that you need not have run out of steam in the final few miles, and I hope you arrived with a healthy appetite and enjoyed the meal that was served at the hall.
Author: Carol Coyne
Posted: Tue 21st Oct 2008, 12:40
Local Group: Surrey
This was my 4th time and remains my favourite event of the year. Wonderfully well organised as always. I do hope I don't sound ungrateful but .. I did missed the homemade cakes of previous years. I guess yet another sign of the increased cost of food. And perhaps that you spoilt us too much in the past!! Thanks to all those involved in the day. C
Author: Jonathan Venning
Posted: Tue 21st Oct 2008, 10:20
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
This was the 3rd time to the event which is one of my favorites. Tougth climbs and stunning views featuring all the colours of our fine Auutmn. Well stocked checkpoints with plenty to eat. Excellent event well organised.
Jon Venning BBN

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law