Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Long Distance Paths - All The Wainwrights

Author: John Sparshatt
Posted: Wed 22nd Oct 2008, 8:29
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I have added the Joss Naylor book to our list of useful books in the shop area of our website with a link to purchase information.
Author: John King
Posted: Fri 10th Oct 2008, 8:40
Just thought it may be of interest to others to Know that it is the October 2003 issue of Trailwalker that carries the Wainwright special, and the Book is JOSS NAYLOR MBE WAS HERE, published by KLETS Braithwaite, Printed by Ferguson Bros Keswick. and what a little Gem it is too.

Still looking for info
JohnK
Posted: Thu 9th Oct 2008, 20:06
Thank`s Christine and Peter i now have a copy of Joss Naylor was here, Plus a copy of Trail Walker, (which has reminded me of Wainwrights Whitsun walk which if all go`s to plan will make a good warm up for an attempt onall the Wainwrights in one hit next year.

I am of course still looking for info from folk that have done all the Wainwrights, and all tips and advice will be most welcome.

Off to read Joss Naylor was here now.
Thanks again
JohnK
Author: Christine Anne Backhouse
Posted: Thu 9th Oct 2008, 13:07
Local Group: Cumbria
Try checking out Rathbones (Keswick) site. They have some copies of Joss's book detailing his epic round of the Wainwrights - available on line for about £3.
Posted: Wed 8th Oct 2008, 19:52
Thanks peter i will see if i can track a copy down, any other info gratefully received, i am sure i have heard talk of LDWA members having done all the Wainwrights in one hit, maybe if thats the case they may be kind enough to share there findings
Thanks again
JohnK
Author: Peter Haslam
Posted: Tue 7th Oct 2008, 23:48
Local Group: East Lancashire
I seem to remember Trail magazine doing a feature on the Wainwrights in one go. Many moons ago though
Posted: Tue 7th Oct 2008, 21:12
Hi
Is there a recognised route for completing all the Wainwrights in one pass over several consecutive days.

I know Joss Naylor has run it and would like to know what route he took.

So if anybody can point me in the right drection to find the info i would be most gratefull.

Thanks
John

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law