Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - DORSET DODDLE -THE VIEW FROM ALL SAINTS CHURCH HALL

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Thu 4th Sep 2008, 8:39
Local Group: Surrey
Given the rate at which the cliff is falling away, it won't be long before Clavell Tower is once again standing on the edge. I was surprised they didn't move it further inland.
Author: Al Rodger
Posted: Thu 21st Aug 2008, 23:07
Local Group: Dorset
You omit the 'Deputy Crypto-Marshal's Walk' which would make it 227 starters. I had no hot pastie at the end but the walk was as superb as ever, with but one point of note - Clavell's Tower. Once this folly stood above the bay and inspired Britains' great authors. Now they've move it 50 yards away from the cliff it looks like nothing.
Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 21st Aug 2008, 18:15
Local Group: Dorset
I was at the check in at the finish so I cannot speak for the participants, but it is reported that there were 226 starters, it didn't rain and everyone seemed to enjoy the Jurassic Coast. They also appeared to enjoy the hot pasties at the end. The walk was good, as well.

Is that OK for brevity ??

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law