Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Local Groups - New Local group

Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 13th Oct 2008, 20:11
Local Group: East Yorkshire
The inaugural social walk of the South Pennine group will take place on Sat 25/10/08 with a linear walk from Dent station to Settle station.Full details available on our website.All LDWA members and prospective members are welcome to join us on this historic occasion - OK, a bit OTT but it matters to us!
Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Thu 11th Sep 2008, 22:14
Local Group: Lakeland
Welcome to South Pennine group, which was recently approved by National Committee after consultation with the other local groups from nearby. On behalf of all the National Committee I wish you all the best. More news about this new group in December Strider - look out for their first programme.
Posted: Thu 4th Sep 2008, 14:56
Norman,

Thanks for your goodwill messages.We are going ahead under the 'South Pennine' group name with one Thursday walk and one weekend walk a month starting later this year.Committee etc now formed - we are a fairly small group at present.Further details available in due course
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Thu 28th Aug 2008, 13:13
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Hi John I'm the Beds Bucks and Northants group secretary. I hope your meeting went well and that your new (un-named) group attracted enough interest to make it worth your while. It's great fun and can be hard work running a group but the rewards are worth it. All the best for the future if it goes ahead
Posted: Thu 14th Aug 2008, 15:36
A new local group is being created covering the Oldham/Rochdale area.(Group name not yet determined)
An inaugural meeting is being held 8 pm Wed 20/08/08 at the Cross Keys Inn in Uppermill (GR SE008063).From Uppermill centre go up New St (opp chip shop) for approx 1 mile and Cross Keys on left.
If there is anyone who would like to be involved at the formation of this new group,please come and join us next Wednesday.All welcome.
If anyone would like more information I can be contacted on 01457 870340 (before 10pm please)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law