Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Holy Hobble - 5th/6th July 2008

Author: Michael Childs
Posted: Thu 3rd Jul 2008, 16:59
Local Group: Dorset
Hi Norman, Hi Merrian and y'all

Well, I shall be there anyway rain or shine (but preferably, just a little bit more shine).

And can I have some veggie sausages with my breakfast please?

Greetings from sunny Dorset

mike

PS. Coming soon (well, March 22nd 2009) from Dorset LDWA ) - The Giant's Daughter: a lovely 20 and / or 30 miles stroll in neolithic rich countryside, based in Dorchester and conveniently accessible by public transport. What fun
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Wed 2nd Jul 2008, 9:28
Local Group: Beds, Bucks and Northants
Norman has promised good weather and no nettles, so come and join us. He had a can of Guinness in his hand at the time, so can he be trusted?
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 1st Jul 2008, 20:36
Sorry to be more precise 82 but with late entries in the post I expect it to be 88.
Author: Norman Corrin
Posted: Tue 1st Jul 2008, 20:35
Merrian it's now up to 88 so it's getting there.
Author: Merrian Lancaster
Posted: Tue 1st Jul 2008, 11:45
Only about 80 people have entered the BBN Holy Hobble walk this weekend, so the organisers have said they can take some entries on the day.

Details of the walk are on

Holy Hobble

I've lifted the following relevant bits from the final details which have been sent to those who've pre-entered. Please contact Mike Hyland if you have any questions.

Registration will be from 8 am to 0945 am at Great Linford Memorial Hall. You will be asked to sign a form stating that you have the required kit -

Waterproofs (Tops & Trousers)
Own Drinking Utensil
Spare Food & Drink
Route Description
Maps: OS Landranger 152 & 153 or OS Explorer Maps 192,207, 208 & 224 or OS Select (1:50000) centred on Olney SP 885 515
Compass & whistle
Working Torch with spare batteries & bulb, if not an LED device
First Aid kit

Once you have signed this you will receive your tally card. Any amendments to the route description will be available at Registration.

Checkpoint opening & closing times are given in the route description. If walkers arrive at a checkpoint early they will have to wait until the checkpoint opening time. Anyone who the marshals consider will not be able to complete the walk in a reasonable time or are showing signs of distress will be retired.

Although the terrain is not exacting to walk over please remember the summer of 2007 when it rained incessantly for long periods.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law