Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Baslow Boot Bash

Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Mon 16th Jun 2008, 19:56
Local Group: Heart of England
Absolutely fabulous event as usual. Thank you so much to all the organisers and helpers. Everyone was very friendly and supportive. It is wonderful to be able to have a great day out in the countryside knowing that you are raising money for a good cause. The route was demanding, but beautiful with lovely views. The numbers of entrants seemed to be well up on previous years. It is a pity that some entrants take the road options wherever possible, presumably to record a quicker time (or are they not enjoying the recommended route, which someone has painstakingly devised for our pleasure?). Surely an off-road event is an off-road event and not a road race.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sun 15th Jun 2008, 22:47
Local Group: High Peak
I,d have loved to have done this walk again, unfortunatley the daughters football tournament got in the way, did drive through baslow in the afternoon, much to the wife's dismay, as every walker we passed i said 'that could have been me'
hope to make it next year
Author: Kevin McCann
Posted: Sun 15th Jun 2008, 19:08
Local Group: Wessex
26 tough miles through wonderful countryside. No particularly big hills but numerous cilmbs that sap your reserves. The weather plays a big part in the success of an event and we were really lucky. Two showers which by the time you had put your waterproof on had stopped. Isn't that usually the way! Organisation also plays a big part in the success of an event and all involved in the BBB deserve our thanks. Great stuff!

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law