Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Gear ! - Inov-8 drinking system

Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Sun 1st Jun 2008, 9:57
Local Group: London
You're probably right about the bladder becoming folded over. Bit of a pain because last thing you want to do on an event is spend extra time at CPs checking it works, or stop on route and repack.

Sounds like I should have gone for the Platypus after all.
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Sat 31st May 2008, 21:47
Local Group: High Peak
had the bladder become folded over thereby, stopping the flow of water?
on a slightly different note i put the platypus life time guarantee to the test, the shoulder had almost split after 5yrs use and they replaced it with a new one hoses and all
Author: Julie Welch
Posted: Sat 31st May 2008, 14:36
Local Group: London
I bought one of these just before the Yoredale because I wanted a drinking system but the Platypus felt uncomfortable on my back. The Inov-8 drinking bladder packs horizontal at the bottom of your rucksack and it was very comfortable. The only problem was that as a dispenser of water it was pretty rubbish, particularly on the second day. Worked some of the time but not at others - just couldn't get any water out of the tube. I'm quite prepared to concede I'd done something wrong like overpacked the rucksack. Has anyone else got one of these and had the same problem? Do people get similar problems with other types? It was quite an expensive investment but I finished up quite dehydrated and if I can't rely on it I'll have to ditch it.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law