Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Oxon 40/20

Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Tue 13th May 2008, 11:36
Local Group: Surrey
The sacks of dates and sultanas at CP2 were a brilliant idea. Dates = instant energy, and you can walk off with a handful to eat as you go.
Author: Tony Turton
Posted: Mon 12th May 2008, 18:58
Local Group: Heart of England
On behalf of the Thames Valley Group, thank you for your "thank you's". A fine day and a record number of entries made it a good day for the organisers too.

The results and a brief report are on our website at http://www.thamesvalleyldwa.org.uk/oxon4020.html
Author: Carol Coyne
Posted: Wed 7th May 2008, 12:33
Many thanks to all the back-room crew. Especially Ivan who was such a help sorting me out in the run-up. Everyone was so friendly - entrants, marshalls and even passers-by. Must be something about living in such a beautiful area?? Wonderful route (although I could have done without the Hurrah Henrys on the last stretch!). NOTE TO LADY WHO REMEMBERED ME FROM EASTBOURNE AGM: Really embarrassed I didn't remember you at first. Placed you about 3 miles into the walk - but too late to tell you by then!!
Author: Anne Wade
Posted: Mon 5th May 2008, 20:42
Local Group: Heart of England
Really enjoyable. Excellent route variety with some tough ascents. Good to get more miles and hills into the legs for the 100. Fantastic support at checkpoints. Many thanks to all involved.
Author: Rebecca Lawrence
Posted: Mon 5th May 2008, 17:11
Local Group: Marches
Totally agreed - great route and lovely bluebell woods along the way, some challenging hills, nice easy flat sections too. Great event and really well organised and very sensible rules / kit requirements i.e. apart from a mug use your common sense - so refreshing!!!
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Mon 5th May 2008, 14:54
Oxfordshire in Springtime: bluebells in the woodlands, gambolling lambs in the meadows, cricket on the village green. The Henley set on the Thames riverside looked down on us from their sartorial heights as we passed, caked in mud and sweat, little guessing we could look on them from the moral heights of having just having completed 40/20 miles. Beautiful route, well catered, dry weather. Friendly faces, smiles and encouraging words at the checkpoints. Thank you, Thames Valley

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law