Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Woldsman

Author: Michael Crozier
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 21:55
Local Group: East Lancashire
This was my first '50' and a great introduction to the distance. The organisation and food were particularly good. But what was going on with the checkpoint opening times? It certainly confused me. The sight of the event organiser (I think) chasing an entrant down the path from the Wharram Percy checkpoint shouting 'slow down, you'll only have to wait in the pub at Thixendale' was a sight to behold!! Well done to the organisers, an event to recommend and return to.
Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 12:37
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Agree wholeheartedly.An excellent day out.Many thanks to everyone who made it so - I am sure a terrific amount of work behind the scenes that we don't hear about.
Will be back next year (assuming it is held)
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Mon 28th Apr 2008, 10:55
Local Group: High Peak
Many thanks to East Yorkshire LDWA for their excellent Woldsman walk last weekend. A lovely route, excellent food and a very attractive piece of art work for a certificate!

This was a well organised event by a very friendly and helpful team. Even the results came out by e-mail on the Sunday! We shall have no hesitation in entering this walk again!

Geoff Deighton/John Dowson

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law