Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Back-issues of Strider on the website?

Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 31st Mar 2009, 21:59
Local Group: Lakeland
They are not yet on the National website, but our good friends in South Wales have put the first dozen or so Newsletters on their Local Group website. Go to www.southwalesldwa.org and select "Early days" and "LDWA Newsletters".
Author: Allan G H Gould
Posted: Mon 30th Mar 2009, 21:25
Local Group: Nidderdale
Couldn't find it.
http://www.ldwa.org.uk/library/library.php
Am I missing something?
Was it decided not to do it, or is it just a case of "it's on the list" and "there are only 24 hours in a day"?
Author: Tony Willey
Posted: Tue 22nd Apr 2008, 11:17
Local Group: Lakeland
As a matter of fact we are about to do just what you suggest, starting with Strider 110. Our printers will supply a PDF file of each edition of Strider which will be available to view in "The Library".
Walk programmes and one or two other pages will be removed, principally to avoid telephone numbers and addresses being available on a publically accessible website.
Sadly, you will still need to search for that elusive article. It might have been desirable to include a search facility, but this would be costly, time consuming and difficult to achieve. However individual articles of particular interest from previous and future editions of Strider can be made available in the "Useful/Interesting Articles" section of The Library, and suggestions would be most welcome.
Author: Allan G H Gould
Posted: Sun 20th Apr 2008, 15:45
Local Group: Nidderdale
As title.
Don't know if this one's done the rounds before.
I imagine it's a balance between revenue from sales of back-issues and benefits of greater information, promotion and accessibility (and would save my groaning bookshelves and endless searching for some distant remembered article). Surely, after a reasonable delay (to assuage those that pay for Strider via subs) it should be possible?
(or have I missed the bl**ding obvious?)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law