Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Spring in Lakeland

Author: Nicky Wood
Posted: Tue 15th Apr 2008, 20:42
Local Group: Lakeland
Glad to hear you both enjoyed the event, we were blessed with the beautiful snow and sunshine. Eileen, Barbondale is a lovely event, and as I can see the Barbon Fells from my bedroom window over here in the lakes, I can tell you there is still a little snow over there so another lovely spring experience awaits you!
Author: Eileen Greenwood
Posted: Fri 11th Apr 2008, 22:06
Local Group: Yorkshire Coast
yes i think that there were a lot of runners on this event. But not that slower Tony since you still finished before me!
But this ranked as my fav. event so far this year and not because of the food at the check points but due simply because of the views!..along with That's Lyth. And no doubt the next event will be my next fav!! And that will be Barbondale Round.I am beginning to think the Challenge events are far more fun and as sociable if not more so than the social walks.
Author: Tony Deall
Posted: Tue 8th Apr 2008, 21:49
Local Group: Cumbria
What a good job I ignored the doleful forecast of snow and difficult driving conditions. This was a great route on a great day. The morning weather was fantastic with sunshine setting off the snow-capped fells to perfection. The afternoon snow showers were in pleasant contrast as new footpaths were explored.
Westmorland & N.Lancs friendly hospitality was up to its usual high standard.
Nursing a dodgy knee I started a minute or two late and spent the rest of the day happily propping up the field and seeing the the same half dozen or so people throughout as we enjoyed empty checkpoints staffed by patient volunteers.
I got the impression that runners were in the majority, either that or I'm getting slower - probably both.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law