Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Kipling Kaper

Posted: Wed 2nd Apr 2008, 18:22
Georgeous weather in the morning but a bit damp and breezy!! in the afternoon. Managed to get up and down Shuttlingsloe in the dry. As usual cheerful marshals and of course fantastic food. 45 mins faster this year than last, am I fitter? no,dragged along by very pleasant company.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 30th Mar 2008, 19:18
Local Group: Merseystride
It's named after Rudyard Kipling - or more accurately, his parents.
See http://www.touruk.co.uk/staffordshire/Leek.htm

I did this event last year and had it down for this year, but was about to put my entry in the post when I saw the "Event Full" notice. It is a testing event, especially if you throw in Shuttlingsloe. I remember that endless climb up to the Roaches and the weather on Saturday must have made it hard - my sympathies. (I also remember the excellent food at the end!) - Garfield
Author: Kevin McCann
Posted: Sun 30th Mar 2008, 18:56
Local Group: Wessex
The further you walk/run in this event the tougher it gets with the later stages from Gradbach up to the Roaches a real test - especially when it's high winds and driving rain. Testing conditions made this challenge event a real challenge!

Many thanks to all involved in the organisation and running of this event, it's greatly appreciated - the food in particular!

PS. I know I should know this but I don't. Why is it called the Kipling Kaper?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law