Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Mull Grand Traverse

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Sun 23rd Mar 2008, 9:54
Local Group: Surrey
Pricing must be difficult for this type of event. For a charity event, I would rather pay a higher entry fee and not have an obligation to get sponsorship, but the MGT are looking for £200 of sponsorship too. But, if you are prepared to ask people for money £200 probably isn't that hard to raise.

I think you have to take the view that you are paying not just for the actual support you get on the event, but for the experience. It also seems that duathlons and triathlons are very expensive compared to our events, so in the wider scheme this might not be that unreasonable - just seems like it when we're used to paying a fiver!
Posted: Sat 22nd Mar 2008, 19:40
That looks great Fiona and as I am doing a lot of cycling just now I would have loved to enter but £270 + travel is a bit steep. I have noticed that a lot of these charity events tend to be expencive and I wonder if they are not going to kill the Golden Goose.
David H
Posted: Sat 22nd Mar 2008, 15:32
Posted: Sat 22nd Mar 2008, 15:31
Not a 'LDWA-type' event as it's a bike'n'hike, and not really suitable for our normal listings, but worth a plug.

[url]http://www.mullgrandtraverse.com/[\url]

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law