Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - The Woldsman

Author: Fiona Cameron
Posted: Tue 8th Apr 2008, 7:08
Local Group: Surrey
The procedure for using an SEF is that the entrant sends a SAE with the form to receive back a copy of the event rules and any further information. I have had moans from event organisers about entrants not including the SAE, but this is the first time I've heard about problems the other way round.
Author: W. Paul Tremere
Posted: Mon 7th Apr 2008, 16:22
Local Group: East Yorkshire
The Woldsman route description is now available and should be in the inbox or on the doormat of those who have entered by 12th April. There is still time to enter and entries will be accepted on the day.
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Wed 2nd Apr 2008, 18:48
Local Group: High Peak
Many thanks Paul for responding. Although it may have looked like it, I wasn't singling out the Woldsman team for criticism. I think there is a general point about SEFs that all walk organisers need to be aware of. That is, anyone using an SEF may not be aware of information that the application form contains. I've raised this as a separate issue in another part of the forum.
Posted: Tue 1st Apr 2008, 20:08
Sorry about that, I have to agree that it is not helpful.
Route description and other information will be sent out by Monday 14th, a fortnight before the event.
In the meantime I can email some information if required before then. Just let me know your email address (or telephone number)
Quick summary,
Maps required are explorer 294, 295, 300, There will not be a formal kit check, but the usual kit is expected, to keep you safe and comfortable on a 50 miler. Some of the route crosses private land and its the lambing season, so dogs are not allowed. Don't forget your mug, we don't provide them. Registration will open at 7:00, but remember that your prefered start time may be some time after this.
We will accept entries on the day, £15
Hope this helps.
paul@tremere.karoo.co.uk.
Author: Geoff Deighton
Posted: Sun 30th Mar 2008, 13:29
Local Group: High Peak
We've just received our entry confirmations for The Woldsman. These refer to conditions stated on the entry form but, as we used SEFs to enter, we haven't seen the entry form. So, to save us sending for one, does anyone know the walk rules, kit requirements etc, or are they available somewhere else?
Posted: Thu 6th Mar 2008, 20:34
Driffield has good public transport links, by both rail and bus. Using them would mean travelling on the Friday before the event. Camping may be negotiated at the Show Ground for a nominal fee. There is plenty of affordable accomodation in the area, especially at Bridlington,only 12 miles away,(train at 7:38).
Hope this helps. The journey will definately be worth it!
Author: Ian Hodge
Posted: Mon 25th Feb 2008, 18:38
Local Group: Merseystride
Is there anyone who lives in the Warrington/Liverpool/Manchester area that is either doing this event or thinking of? If they are, any chance of a lift? I'll pay petrol or your entry fee, whichever.

Thanks

Ian

ighodge@yahoodotcodotuk (replace dot with .)

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law