Latest News: Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Myrtle, but no meander!!

Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Wed 12th Mar 2008, 16:42
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
You're all wrong!You did'nt have the best cake,because i ate it all. Better luck next year!!!!!!!!!
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2008, 23:11
Local Group: Merseystride
Sorry, Alex, but there was some Black Forest type cake - juicy with cherries. THAT was the best cake.

Or was it the fruit loaf at the school checkpoint that then powered me over the moors?

Hmmmm.... yes, need to go back next year to check.

Garfield
Author: Catharine Gregory
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2008, 21:51
Local Group: Bristol & West
I LOVE CAKE!

Despite Catharine's indecision, I am entirely certain that the apple cake was by far the best I've ever tasted.

A pity that we couldn't meet everyone at the finish due to our inadvertant meandering but nevermind. A wonderful walk, hard work but lovely views.

Alex
Author: Catharine Gregory
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2008, 21:48
Local Group: Bristol & West
Our only meanders were due to slight (unintentional) deviations from the route. We managed to miss the start so didn't see any other walkers the whole way round but all the helpers were lovely and saved plenty of cakes for us.

THE CAKES WERE INDEED THE BEST ON ANY EVENT! Everyone agreed: the only thing we couldn't decide on was which our favourite was. Have to go back next year to check...

Thanks so much to Pete and everyone else who organised it. It was lovely walking across the moors enjoying the fabulous views just as the Bronte sisters did all those years ago!

Catharine
Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Tue 26th Feb 2008, 1:52
Local Group: High Peak
well i missed it last year because of injury, and i've missed this years because of injury, this is one of my favorites and i can't believe i've missed the good weather, Garfield at least you didn't have to put up with the snowball attack comming out of harwood this year, no doubt it will be back to wading through snowdrifts next year
Author: Madeleine Watson
Posted: Mon 25th Feb 2008, 23:22
Local Group: West Yorkshire
I missed the bagpipes too (although a young lad was playing them on Ilkley Moor on Sunday at the fell race). Great event again. I must admit to slight little meanders at a couple of points. Led astray by people not doing the official route but going round on the roads (cutting corners!). What is the point?
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Sun 24th Feb 2008, 18:10
Local Group: Merseystride
Well, I missed the bagpipes player but agree in every other respect. It is a tough event; the climb out of Haworth may be less than 200m but it feels like a lot more. Great food - jam butties don't come any better and the cakes were wonderful. Substantial corned-beef hash, and lemon sponge and custard at the end. Thanks to everyone for an excellent day out. Garfield
Author: Roy Turner
Posted: Sun 24th Feb 2008, 14:33
Local Group: Vermuyden (South Yorks)
MYRTLE MEANDER. Once again a great day out! Tough course, conditions underfoot best i've known. Food & staff, brilliant. Who clocked the added extra this year? BAGPIPES&PLAYER in the gully 5mls? before finish!!! Fantastick day out.See you next year

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law