Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Events - Beacon Bash

Author: John Phillips
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2008, 13:28
Local Group: East Yorkshire
Nick,

The casualty suffered a fractured ankle and was promptly treated by Chorley hospital.Will be laid up for a few weeks but Ambulance & Hospital staff very good.Out of hospital by 1.30pm.
Hope this accident didn't affect anybody elses enjoyment of what was looking to be a good day out
Author: Nick Ham
Posted: Mon 18th Feb 2008, 12:48
Local Group: South Manchester
Did any other 'forumites' do this event yesterday? We are usually blessed by cold, sunny weather for this one, but this year was even sunnier and even colder than usual. It was a blast to set foot on such firm, dry ground where there would usually be mud. One of the downsides was the ice, which was lethal on roads. I was sad to see someone by the roadside awaiting assistance just before checkpoint 2. I heard afterwards that a broken ankle had been sustained. I hope the casualty is well on the mend.

Another downside was the ankle-twisting, rock hard, normally very muddy, hoof-damaged field shortly before the end. It's funny how that field is always such a mess, yet I have never seen the animals that churn it up so. I think I'd prefer the mud in that situation :-)

As always, our hosts did an excellent job of welcoming us and getting everything running smoothly. The sports club at Newburgh makes a nice, comfortable base to finish at.

Nick.

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law