Latest News: The LDWA 50th Hundred Read more

Discussion Forum - Website Development - Facility to link Events Calendar in iCal format

Author: Ian Koszalinski
Posted: Wed 2nd Jan 2008, 21:47
Local Group: High Peak
I'd like the idea if you could choose which events went onto your calendar,

I have thought it would be nice if you could have a personal page such as My Account, or Profile where you could make a personal list of the events you are interested in, so that if you forget the date or time you could go to your personal page and check, it would be quicker and you would have a diary of the events you want to do, online and linked to the website
Author: Elton Ellis
Posted: Wed 2nd Jan 2008, 14:45
Local Group: Surrey
I'm happy with the old steam-driven version: If you want to find out, you go and look.
Author: Garfield Southall
Posted: Tue 1st Jan 2008, 21:36
Local Group: Merseystride
An interesting idea. For those new to iCal, it is a method for allowing people to subscribe (free) to an events calendar - such as ours - so that events automatically show up in their own electronic diaries. iCal is the format and has become the main calendaring standard. By thus subscribing it saves people looking at the events listings and instead posts a link into your own diary whenever a new event is added, or modified.

However, we have so many events that your calendar would soon get full! Just providing notification of Challenge events might help, and then maybe a filter so you could pick Northern or Southern etc ?

Food for thought.

Reg, our hard-working webmaster, will no doubt have some thoughts. However, the job list is already quite extensive ! - Garfield
Posted: Tue 1st Jan 2008, 6:19
Here is another proposal for this website – the first for 2008, I trust. I would like to be able to link the LDWA Events Calendar to my web and desktop calendars. Anyone familiar with calendars such as Google Calendar, 30Boxes, Sunbird, Rainlendar and there are others would appreciate being able to view the LDWA events in their favourite calendar and take advantage of the linking, alerting and planning facilities. I certainly would. For this we would need the appropriate calendar address in iCal format. It's as simple as that. How about that dear webmaster?

This website uses cookies

To comply with EU Directives we are informing you that our website uses cookies for services such as memberships and Google Analytics.

Your data is completely safe and we do not record any personally identifiable information.

Please click the button to acknowledge and approve our use of cookies during your visit.

Learn more about the Cookie Law